The new 2016 BMW 7 series is a huge disappointment for some and a nice surprise for other car enthusiasts
Recently BMW released their new luxury sedan – the 7 series. From what we first saw we can say that this brand new model is more of an evolution over the previous generation rather than complete overhaul. Unfortunately, the new 2016 BMW 7-series looks just like any other BMW that we’ve seen in the last couple of years, it is boring, not revolutionary and easily blends with much lower costing brands like Hyundai or KIA.
Despite the boring design BMW made an effort to load this car with plenty of innovative features that should impress the rich car buyers.
- Remote self parking. One of the most impressive is the ability to self park the new 7 series through a smart touchscreen remote control.
- Laser light. BMW also stresses a lot of attention to their new laser light technology which should significantly increase the visibility in night.
- Light carpet. Some of you may find this feature very attractive – a LED light carpet welcomes you before entering the vehicle.
- Panoramic Sky Lounge LED roof. This option is very similar to what we previously saw in some of Rolls-Royce’s models. The panoramic roof basically consists of many LED diodes which can simulate different sky patterns.
- Touch-screen iDrive. The most popular infotainment system got a major upgrade and now relies on buttons and touch-screen as well.
- Bigger Heads-up display
- Gesture command. If you are asking me, this is one of the most ridiculous features in this car. It basically gives you the ability to control different features (e.g. increasing audio volume) through gestures.
- Next generation engines. BMW claims that the new 7 series will be provided with some of the most energy efficient engines to date with extremely low carbon dioxide emissions. Of course dynamics will be on high level as well.
The all new BMW 7 series will hit the showrooms in the beginning of this autumn and despite the conservative design I am sure that the Bavarian brand will make huge sales. Many other BMW enthusiasts will remember with nostalgic feelings the models from Chris Bangle’s era that were so controversial but still a pure BMW experience.
Here is a quick video review with the most important things that you need to know about the new 2016 BMW 7 series:
2016 BMW 7 series video preview
Thanks for visiting and for more info please check the rest of our BMW reviews.