IRULU eXpro X1 Plus Series 10.1’’ Android Lollipop tablet PC reviewed
Today we’ll review one of the budget tablet PC options of a non-popular producer – IRULU. Their 10.1-inch tablet is priced at under $60 but offers more computing power that you’d think such a budget tablet will have.
Build-wise, the tablet is thicker and heavier than an iPad 2 but still compact and travels well. Additionally, the smooth plastic back of the tablet feels comfortable in your hands but gives a bit of a cheaper look.
The IRULU features a quad-core processor which keeps the interface fluid and quick. Personally I consider the responsiveness of the interface to be one of the most important features of a tablet for my needs so the IRULU does not disappoint here. Of course, we can’t expect a top of the line performance, but it’s more than enough for general web browsing, watching videos, checking Facebook and other social media. Same games tend to be a bit of a problem for the tablet to run though.
The display is not impressive, but it is of sufficient quality to view webpages, read emails etc. The widescreen works well for watching videos, movies, Netflix etc. The viewing angle of the display is very narrow and can appear ‘washed out’ if you’re viewing it not directly in front so sharing the tablet screen with someone else is not a wise option.
The tablet has 16 GB of storage so you can store enough apps, photos, music files etc. or if you consider this not enough, it can also be expanded with a SD card. The RAM is a bit on the low side however – you get 1 GB of RAM, but in the category of budget laptops this seems to be a decent amount.
In terms of communication, the IRULU has Bluetooth that you can pair with keyboards and speakers, HDMI out so you can connect to a TV, micro USB 2.0, earphone jack and Wi-Fi.
The tablet features two cameras – a 0.2 MP front camera and a 2 MP back camera. This is on the low-end and the photo quality is not very good. It can still be used for Skype calls or a quick photo, but other than that, the cameras are not very usable given the low specifications.
Overall, I am impressed with the performance from this budget tablet. For basic gaming, web browsing, emails, and even quick video chats with family, it works great and the interface is snappy. This would be fine for kids, students, or anyone that wants a basic tablet without a high price tag.
- Brand: IRULU eXpro X1 Plus Series
- CPU Chipset: A33 ARM Cortex A7 Quad Core 1.3GHz
- Operating System: Google Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- LCM: 10.1″ 1024*600 TFT LCD
- Touch Panel: Multi Capacitive Touch (Support 10 points)
- Memory: 16 GB storage + 1GB DDR3 RAM
- SD Card: Support up to 32GB
- Camera: CMOS, 0.3M (front) 2M (back)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery: 3.7V, 5500mAh, Li-polymer, enjoy longer running time
- AC/DC Power Adapter: Input AC100-240V, 50/60Hz, Output DC5V 2A
- Size: 9.5*163.3*260.8mm
- Weight: 610g
- Input/Output Ports: 3.5mm Earphone Jack*1, 5pin Micro USB 2.0 Jack(Power)*1, Micro SD Card Slot*1
- Sidekey: Volume key Vol+/Vol-, Power key (Reset key)
- Accessories: USB Cable, User Manual, AC Charger