Samsung Series 4 LE32D400 consumer test and review
The LE32D400 is affordable LCD TV by Samsung, offering high definition picture and some other interesting features.
Here are Samsung LE32D400 main features:
- Composite Video Input - A connection to link TV's and DVD players, limited to only standard definition.
- Dolby Digital Plus - Dolby Digital audio technology ensures you experience premium sound, whatever content you watch.
- Energy Star Approved - Energy Star is a symbol for energy efficiency, to save money and the environment with energy-efficient products.
- EPG - EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) tells you what programmes are on each day, a brief description and allows you to set reminders.
- Game Mode - Game Mode sharpens the picture and speeds up the image processing response for a better gaming experience.
- 2x HDMI Input - HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a connection to transfer digital data from your equipment to your TV.
- Scart Socket - A Scart lead is a cable made up of 21 pins used to connect a television to analogue audiovisual equipment.
- Off Timer - Allows you set a time for your TV to automatically turn off.
- HD Ready 720p - HD Ready TVs have images made up of 720 lines, giving much better quality than TVs of old which only had 480 lines.
- Progressive Scan - Progressive Scan technology produces a better image as all horizontal lines of the frame are sequentially displayed. The "p" in "720p" stands for Progressive Scan.
- Screen Aspect 16 : 9 Widescreen - This describes your screen shape as a ratio of width to height
- 32inch Screen - Screen size is measured in inches, diagonally from corner to corner.
- Down Firing + Full Range Speaker System - This feature describes the speaker configuration, the TV is fitted with 2x10w speakers and due to the quality of sound is well suited to small and large rooms.
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3W - The amount of power the TV uses when left on standby mode.
- Swivel Angle ±15° - The degree to which you can adjust the viewing angle of your TV.
- Freeview - Enjoy free digital TV programmes via your standard digital TV aerial, without the need for a separate set top box.
- Auto Channel Search – When you set up your new TV it will scan for all available channels for you.
- USB Port - A USB port allows selected media to be enjoyed on a TV from a USB source, for example viewing photos stored on a USB memory stick.
- Weight 9.2kg – Very light for a 32” TV
- 50Hz CMR - Samsung creates the new motion clarity standard based on the Clear Motion Rate (CMR) instead of the traditional "refresh rate" to compensate for the inaccuracy of measuring the resolution in a moving scene. CMR is determined by three factors, including the TV panel, video processing and backlight technology. Comparing to the refresh rate, CMR can truly reflect the ability of processing the pictures in motion and accurately measure the resolution in a moving scene.
- DNle+ - DNIe stands for Digital Natural Image Engine, and is a Samsung-built processing chip that offers an expanded array of color and picture quality on Samsung television sets.
- SRS TheatreSound - SRS TheaterSound is an all-in-one audio suite that directly addresses the three most common consumer TV audio complaints – inconsistent volume levels, unintelligible vocals, and poor, dimension-less sound. SRS TheaterSound provides the following feature benefits: Automatically detects and consistently levels abrupt volume fluctuations that normally occur when TV programming switches to commercial break or while changing channels. Intelligently separates vocals from all other content and dynamically adjusts the dialog level to ensure it's always clearly understood. Delivers up to a 5.1 surround sound experience from multichannel content using built-in TV speakers, and significantly enhances both depth and dimension.
- DTS 2.0 - Digital Out
- Dimensions - Device dimensions with stand (W x H x D) 78.44 x 56.56 x 25.17 cm Without stand (W x H x D) 78.44 x 50.28 x 7.88 cm
- Vesa compatible with the wall mount bundled at just £9.99 (shown above description)
- High Contrast Ratio - Contrast Ratio is the difference between the brightest whites and darkest blacks. A higher ratio, means a better range of colours.
- Wide Colour Enhancer - Samsungs unique 3D colour stretching technology saturates each pixel until it achieves the true colour and luminescence intended by nature. So every colour on the RGB spectrum is brought to life. It is a work of art.
- Anynet+ - Take the drama out of enjoying your home theatre. Anynet+ delivers one-touch control for all compatible Samsung audio and video devices connected via HDMI. Now one touch is all it takes instead of a coffee table full of remotes.
- Connect Share Movie - There’s no excuse anymore for leaving all those great digital pictures and videos in your cameras. All you need with the Samsung LE32D400 is a USB connection cord. Just plug it in then instantly play. It even works for your music collection. So now anytime is showtime.
- Connection - 2x HDMI, USB, Component In, Composite In, Digital Out optical, PC In, CI slot, Scart, Headphone, PC Audio In
- 32in (81.28cm) HD Ready TV widescreen
- Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels
- Freeview digital tuner
- 50Hz CMR
- High dynamic contrast ratio
- Wide colour enhancer
- Dolby digital plus/pulse
- SRS TheatreSound
- dts 2.0 Digital Out
- Game Mode
- Rose Black Colour
- DNIe+ image enhancement
- 2 HDMI
- 1 SCART
- 1 USB port
- Headphone Socket
- Digital Optical Out
- Dolby Digital +SRS theatre sound HD sound system.
- 2 x 3 watts RMS power output.
- Saorview approved to work with the Irish digital signal
- Digitally interactive
- Digital text
- Digital video broadcasting (DVB) subtitles available
- RF loop
- Auto setup
- Auto scan for new channels
- Now and next programme guide
- 8 day electronic programme guide (EPG)
- Top up TV compatible
- CI slot
- Audio description compatible
- Sleep timer
- Picture in picture (PIP)
- Remote control batteries required 2 x AAA (included)
- Size of TV H50.29, W78.44, D10.33cm
- Weight of TV 7.65kg (unpackaged)
- Complete with tabletop stand
- Size of TV with stand H54.23, W78.44, D18.19cm
- Weight of TV with stand 8.66kg
- Suitable for wall mounting with a VESA 200 x 200mm bracket (bracket not included)
- On mode power consumption 58 watts.
- Off mode power consumption 0.3 watt.
- Standby power consumption 0.3 watt.
- Energy Saving Trust recommended.
Featuring DNIe + picture processing, the Samsung offers class-leading visuals with excellent contrast, smooth motion and fine detail. Added to DNIe + is Samsung's Wide Colour Enhancer engine. This unique Samsung system is driven by Samsung's HyperReal picture Engine and offers far more natural and convincing colours by strengthening the red, green and blues. A high contrast ratio also gives the LE32D400 excellent depth of image with subtle shading.
Although we'd recommend a separate sound bar or AV system for the sound, the onboard sound is better than the class average, too. SRS TruSurround HD gives a well-balanced sound that's surprisingly weighty for a TV but also clear, too. With a 2 x 10 Watt amplifier on board there's also enough power for larger rooms.When it comes to connections, the LE32D400 has all the basics covered. Connect Share Movie teams up with the USB socket to offer music or photos to be easily transferred from your digital media device to the TV's screen. In addition to the USB socket there's also a HDMI socket - perfect for adding a Blu-ray player. SCART, component and a very handy PC Input complete the package.
Your TV’s looks should complement your viewing experience and enhance the beauty of your home. So the LCD features Samsung’s exquisite Touch of Colour™ design, inspired by the beauty of a natural sunset. Shaped from a unique, black-rose material that subtly changes colour under different lighting conditions, your TV’s surround brings beauty and warmth to any room. Seamless, one-piece moulding and asuper thin bezel framing the screen complete the elegant, understated effect.
is a nice affordable LCD TV but don't expect cutting edge technology, what you get is good quality for your money.