JBL GO - the best small portable speaker for 2017
JBL GO mini portable speaker consumer test and review - the best cheap portable Bluetooth speaker on the market for 2017 and 2018
Top 3 things I like the JBL GO portable speakerJBL GO is great value for money, it definitely is. And even though the market is flooded with numerous offers from different manufacturers I can easily say that the JBL GO offers the one of best sound quality and features for its compact size and low price.
- It is compact - simple shape, easy to carry and sturdy enough to make it on the go.
- It sounds even better than it looks - it is small put it delivers powerful sound with deep (considering the compact speaker size) bass and some nice mids.
- It is cheap - no matter the premium brand, JBL offers the go really cheap - under $50.
Before getting to my consumer test and review lets check the specification of this small companion:
• Bluetooth version: 4.1
• Support: A2DP V1.2, AVRCP V1.4, HFP V1.6, HSP V1.2
• Transducer: 1 x 40mm
• Output power: 3.0W
• Frequency response: 180Hz – 20kHz
• Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥80dB
• Battery type: Lithium-ion polymer (3.7V, 600mAh)
• Battery charge time: 1.5 hours
• Music playing time: up to 5 hours (varies by volume level and audio content)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 68.3 x 82.7 x 30.8 (mm)
• Weight: 130g
Design and Looks
JBL GO is small, it is really small. It can easily fit in a pocket and even though this speaker doesn't have very rounded corners I don't think one would find any issues carrying it around in a pocket. The looks are simple and being offered in eight different colors it will almost definitely suit any's taste. I personally like the black version best but due to some circumstances I have a grey one which looks just fine.
The build-quality is on a very good level as well, JBL is a premium brand and it shows in this product.
|JBL go fits anywhere... perfect for the bathroom|
|JBL GO compact size helps with easily carrying it arround|
JBL GO has couple of connection options but the one you are going to use most is Bluetooth. This 3.0W speaker supports Bluetooth version 4.1 and it run smoothly when connected to my . The connection set up was easy and I didn't find any problems pairing it with other Bluetooth enabled devices.
The device itself also has a Micro USB port and a cable included in the package. It is used for charging the speaker - it can easily last - 4-5 hours of music playback, depending on the volume level and distance from the streaming device
JBL can also stream music with the help of audio cable, since this speaker has a very useful 3.5mm headphone jack which also worked just fine.
As I already said JBL GO has built-in rechargeable battery which is going to last for around 4-5 hours of music playback on Bluetooth. The charging time is a bit under two hours.
JBL GO is not only a very good performing portable Bluetooth speaker but also a cheap one. JBL's official site shows MSRP of $39.95 but you can find it even cheaper.
Look no further in case you are looking for a super-compact speaker. The JBL GO is everything you may need on the go - good sound from the 3W speaker, compact sizes and multi-color choice for all tastes.