Opel Vectra C - pros and cons
Main pros and cons of one of the most popular cars in Europe - Opel Vectra C (2002-2009)
For its seven years of production Opel Vectra C achieved good sales in Europe and some parts of Asia, turning into one of the favorite business and family vehicles for many consumers. I personally have owned two Vectra B cars and a Vectra C and I would say these are some great cars, inexpensive to run and service and pretty reliable for its price.
So what was good about the Vectra C? Well, here is a short list with its main qualities:
Opel Vectra C pros
- Wide variety of diesel and gasoline enignes
- List of features and extras - back in 2005 you could find almost any feature available in car manufacturing in the Vectra C
- Fresh, modern design
- Very roomy interior and enormous cargo space in the Estate/Signum versions
- Cheap to run - inexpensive spare parts and maintenance
- Good fuel economy across the range
Opel Vectra C cons
- Bad/cheap plastics in the interior
- Strong but unsettled suspension - neither on the sporty nor on the comfort side
- Engine refinement - some are noisy and with high level of vibrations
I would totally recommend the Vectra C as a second hand purchase. Just make sure to make your research and pick the right car for you. If I needed to buy one now I would avoid the 1.9 CDTI and the 2.2 direct engines due to expensive servicing. The 1.8 petrol engine is my strongest recommendation.
I would be very happy to hear other Vectra C owners so feel free to share your thoughts about this beautiful second hand car in the comments section below. Thank you!