Have you ever been to Sofia, Bulgaria? Wondering which are the best shopping malls to visit in Bulgaria's capital - here is the top 5 malls list in Sofia!
Some of you probably know that most of our operations goes on in Bulgaria, actually in couple of cities in Bulgaria and of course its capital Sofia. The city is vastly growing and there are more and more people visiting Sofia each year. For those of you who want to visit Bulgaria but are still wondering which are the best malls in Sofia, here is my top 5 list of shopping malls you should visit there:
- Paradise center - the biggest mall in Sofia is also the biggest one in Bulgaria. This shopping mall hosts all kinds of shops, pharmacies, restaurants, fitness center, cinema and much more. Paradise center is the most preferable social place for the nearby neighborhoods, a place where you can have a nice meal at the popular Happy Bar and Grill chain where they also serve super delicious sushi (tried it couple of times, strongly recommend it). Paradise center hosts a large indoors parking lot and there is also an outdoor parking with limited access. Right next to this mall is located a Billa food store and hundreds of little shops, car dealerships and restaurants.
- Ring mall - I believe Ring mall, Sofia is the second largest mall in Sofia. It is located right next to the IKEA store on the Sofia's ring road which surrounds big part of the city, so there is a relatively easy access to the shopping mall. Just like Paradise center this mall hosts variety of stores, food chains, luxury cinema. What makes it a bit different than the rest is the fact it has couple of very good furniture stores, something we don't see in other malls in Sofia.
IKEA furniture store next to Ring mall
- Serdika center - this mall is a bit smaller but also kind of cozy, located close to the center of the city, right on the busy Sitnyakovo boulevard. People visit this mall mostly because of the clothing stores. Serdika center also hosts a huge office center embedded in the main building. Serdika center is particularly busy on Black Fridays and holidays where it gets quite difficult to navigate in the internal parking area and around the mall.
- The Mall - even though this mall is a bit old now, it is still very popular in Sofia. It is located on the largest road in the city - boulevard Tsarigradsko shose. I would say The mall is a medium sized mall but it definitely has all the basics - nice food court, cinema and variety of popular brand stores - Celio, NewYorker, LC WaiKiki, Deichman, Adidas, Andrews, Bershka, Hugo Boss, DM, Geox, H&M, Levi's, Lacoste, Miele, Nike, Oysho, Peek & Cloppenburg, Pull&Bear, Zara, Reserved, Samsung, Tom Tailor and more. The Mall is also popular because of the fact it is situated in the middle of the busy technological Mega Park. Beware that find the right turn for The Mall approaching it from Tsrigradsko shose may be a bit difficult in heavy traffic so I strongly recommend you to use GPS navigation.
- Bulgaria mall - this is probably the least popular of the pack. It is located on boulevard Bulgaria, a main road in Sofia's city. This mall is a bit more plain, probably because it is not so crowded in the area around it and I guess it has the least visitors compared to other malls from my list (it looks and feels kind of small). Anyways, it hosts many of the popular stores and Arena cinema.
These five are not the only malls in Sofia. Few others that are more or less popular just locally are the Park center (previously City center), Mall of Sofia (Stamboliyski mall), SkyCity center and Mega Mall Sofia. Probably I will pay more attention to some or all of them in another of my posts. I hope you found my list of the best malls in Sofia useful so you would know what and where to visit in Bulgaria's capital and largest city on your next trip.
Bulgaria Mall - video
Some basic information about Sofia, Bulgaria:
Location of Sofia in Bulgaria
Coordinates: 42.70°N 23.33°ECoordinates: 42.70°N 23.33°E
Province Sofia City
• City 492 km2 (190 sq mi)
• Urban 5,723 km2 (2,210 sq mi)
• Metro 10,532 km2 (4,066 sq mi)
Elevation 500–2,290 m (1,640–7,510 ft)
• City Increase 1,238,438
• Density 2,517/km2 (6,520/sq mi)
• Urban Increase 1,549,659 
• Urban density 271/km2 (700/sq mi)
• Metro Decrease 1,681,592 
• Metro density 160/km2 (400/sq mi)
Time zone UTC+2 (EET)
• Summer (DST) UTC+3 (EEST)
Postal code: 1000
Area code(s): (+359) 02
Car plates: C, CA, CB