Features, specs and instructions for the Tefal Principio BF512530 1.2l electric kettle
Tefal Principio BF512530 is a great companion for any kitchen. This compact and cheap electric kettle warms and boils water up to 1.2 liters pretty fast. And even though I don't like plastic electric kettles I would recommend the Principio BF512530 only because it is made by Tefal.
Here are some consumer pictures of the Tefal Principio BF512530 1.2l:
Before start using the Tefal Principio BF512530 I would recommend you to check its usage and safety requirements provided by the manufacturer. Here some useful info from Tefal's manual:
Before using for the first time
- Remove all of the various packaging, stickers or accessories from both the inside and outside of the kettle.
- Adjust the length of the cord by winding it under the base. Wedge the cord into the notch.
Throw away the water from the first two/three uses as it may contain dust. Rinse the kettle and the filter separately.
How to use the Tefal Principio BF512530 electric kettle
1. To open the lid, according to different Tefal models
- Hinged lid: press if necessary on the locking system and pull backwards.
- Assisted opening lid: press on the locking system and the lid lifts automatically.
- Automatic opening lid: press the button at the top of the handle.
- Lockable lid: turn the lid to the left to unlock it and lift it.
To close the lid, press it down firmly or turn it to the right in the case of the lockable lid.
2. PLACE THE BASE ON A FLAT, STABLE, HEAT-RESISTANT SURFACE AWAY FROM WATER SPLASHES AND ANY SOURCES OF HEAT.
3. FILL THE KETTLE WITH THE DESIRED AMOUNT OF WATER.
l You can fill it through the spout, which ensures better maintenance of the filter.
• Never fill the kettle when it is on its base.
• Do not fill it above the maximum level, or below the minimum level. If the kettle is too full, boiling water may spill out.
• Do not use without water.
• Check that the lid is closed properly before use.
• The kettle must always be used with its own anti-scale filter.
4. POSITION THE KETTLE ON ITS BASE. PLUG IT INTO THE MAINS SOCKET.
5. FOR KETTLES THAT FEATURE A TEMPERATURE SWITCH
Select the temperature according to your needs :
Position for boiling water or position for the ideal temperature for drinking immediately.
6. How to start the kettle:
Press the on/off button positioned on the top or the bottom of the handle according to the model.
Cleaning and maintenance advice
- Unplug it.
- Let it cool down and clean it with a damp sponge.
My opinion about the Tefal Principio BF512530
I personally am not using the Principio BF512530 electric kettle at home. For the last year and a half we have trusted the Blaupunkt EKS501 electric kettle which does a great job and also looks pretty good.
I am sure the Principio BF512530 1.2 liter kettle is also a good device but as I said earlier I don't like plastic (PVC or whatever) kettles. I also don't like the fact that it is black which makes it quite hard to distinguish what is exactly inside. If those concerns do not bother you at all then the Tefal Principio BF512530 electric kettle might be a very good and quite cheap choice for you (should cost you under $35).
And if you are new to our site I would suggest you to check our full list of consumer product reviews here.
Thank you for checking our Tefal Principio BF512530 product review. I hope the information provided is useful. Please let me know what do you think about this kitchen tool in the comments section.