Review of the capable Lenovo Legion y520-15ikbn gaming laptop
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor (2.80GHz, up to 3.80GHz with Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
- Operating System Windows 10 Home
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 3 GB
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 Max Q 6 GB
- Memory: Up to 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz
- 1 TB 5400 RPM
- Up to 256 GB PCIe SSD
- Dual Drive Configurations available. (HDD + SSD)
- Audio: 2 x 2W Harman™ Certified Speakers with Dolby Audio™ Premium
- Battery Life
- Up to 4 hours
- 45 WHr Li-Polymer Battery
- Display: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare
- Camera 720p HD Camera with Array Microphone
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 14.96" x 10.43" x 1.01" / 380 x 265 x 25.8 (mm)
- Weight Starting at 5.29 lbs (2.4 kg)
- Color Black
- WLAN & Bluetooth® ? Lenovo AC Wireless (2 x 2) + Bluetooth® 4.1
- LAN 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet
- 1 x USB 3.0 (Type-C)
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 1 x USB 2.0
- 1 x MiniDP (With GTX1060 Model only)
- 1 x HDMI™
- Audio Jack
- Microphone Jack
- RJ45 LAN
- 4-in-1 Card Reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC) (With GTX1050Ti)
- Preloaded Software
- Power2Go (Blu-ray Disc™ / DVD)
- PowerDVD (Blu-ray Disc™ / DVD)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Trial)
- Lenovo Companion
- Lenovo Nerve Sense
- Magic Y Key
- Lenovo OneKey Recovery
- Lenovo ID
|Lenovo Legion y520-15ikbn keyboard tested|
Featuring the latest generation of processors, the Y520 sports up to a 7th Gen Intel® Core i7 CPU. With a 12-percent increase in productivity compared to previous processors and a 19-percent increase in web performance via a dedicated media engine, you can enjoy the latest in gaming performance and online gameplay.
Lenovo Legion y520 video review
The Y520 comes with up to NVIDIA GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 560 graphics, which allow you to play games smoothly and with capable frame rates. So escort the payload in a first-person shooter knowing this gaming laptop delivers all the performance you need.
Play games smoothly, with capable frame rates.
Superfast Speed and Storage
The Y520 comes with up to 512GB of PCIe SSD storage, ideal for reducing boot-up time and in-game loading, or 2TB of HDD storage, perfect for storing your entire gaming collection. Or you can do both and opt for hybrid storage, effectively getting the best of both worlds.
Harman Audio With Dolby Premium
With or without gaming headphones, the Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop has you covered with 2x 2W Harman speakers with Dolby Audio Premium. Dolby Audio Premium is custom-tuned to deliver premium-quality audio for all content, for truly immersive gameplay.
Premium-quality audio means more immersive gaming.
Customize and Record With Lenovo Nerve Sense
Easily customize your settings, such as audio, active keys, cooling, and network priority – so you can focus on the game. Then, once you’re in the zone, record your highlights for replaying or uploading to streaming sites. Lenovo Nerve Sense makes it effortless.
Shine On With Red-Backlit Keyboard
The Y520 features a red-backlit keyboard, perfect for those late-night gaming sessions. This brilliantly crimson backlit keyboard features keys with 1.7mm of key travel distance, delivering crisp, accurate and responsive keystrokes perfect for in-game chatting and gameplay.
Lenovo Legion Y520 Display Featuring Lenovo Nerve Center Dashboard
Easily customize settings with Lenovo Nerve Sense.
Starting at a mere 1.01" / 25.8mm thick and only 5.5lbs / 2.5kg in weight, wrapped in a smudge-resistant body, this gaming laptop goes wherever you do. So just toss the Y520 in your bag and enjoy powerful mobile gaming no matter where you go.
The Y520 was designed to fight heat with strategically engineered fans and vents. Located close to the graphics card and processors, this fan system keeps hot air moving while rear-placed thermal vents remove that heat. Furthermore, you can use the Extreme Cooling shortcut within Lenovo Nerve Sense for gaming firefights that require an additional push of cooling.
Lenovo Legion Y520 with Transparent Bottom Cover Showing Strategically Placed Cooling Fans.
Price - around $850.
HP Pavilion 15-cc507nu review
This product overview was delivered to you thank to Lenovo.com and TestProductReview.com