Review of our new tumble dryer Beko DS 8133 G + pictures
Recently we purchased our first tumble dryer for our new home. After careful research, we decided for a mid-range condenser tumble dryer that we can use without connecting to the house's water lines. So, naturally we selected Beko DS 8133 G model and are very happy with our choice.
CharacteristicsWhat I like the most about the Beko DS 8133 G dryer is that it doesn't have to be connected to the pipeline of the household. You only need to plug it in the power outlet and you're in business! This is exactly what we did when we received it. Unpack and plug and you're ready, it's that easy and you don't need any tools.
As I mentioned above, this is a condenser dryer, no heat pump. Now I know that you've read all about heat pump dryers and how they're so famous these days, but this condenser dryer has its benefits as well. The price is the biggest one of them - the difference between a condenser and a heat pump drier is at least $150. Most people think that this spending will be compenstated by the difference in the electricity bill, however to justify that you would have to use the drier at least 7 years to compensate for the used electricity.
The Beko DS 8133 G has a water container for the condensed water after your clothes are dry. Naturally, you will have to empty the container yourself. It probably takes 3-4 dry cycles to fill the container depending on how much clothes you put in and how wet they are.
ProgramsThe dryer has 16 programs depending on the type of laundry you are going to try. In my opinion, the programs are more than enough to suit all needs. When you select the desired program, the diod light next to it fires up. Usage of the programs is as below:
- Jeans - you can use specifically for denim clothes
- Baby protect - gentle program for baby clothes
- Shirts 15 min - short program for more delicate drying with less wrinkles
- Sport - use for synthetic, cotton or mixed fabric laundry
- 10 min, 20 min, 40 min, 60 min - dries for the selected time duration regardless of drying level
- Cottons iron dry - you can use for durable cotton laundry, dries enough to be ironed afterwards
- Synthetics iron dry - you can use for non-durable synthetic laundry, dries enough to be ironed afterwards
- Cottons Cupboard dry - you can use for durable cotton laundry, dries enough to be stored in your warderobe
- Synthetics Cupboard dry - you can use for non-durable synthetic laundry, dries enough to be stored in your warderobe
- Cottons Cupboard dry plus - you can use for durable cotton laundry, higher dryness level
- Cottons extra dry - you can use for durable cotton laundry, highest dryness level
- Delicates - low-temperature drying for delicate clothing
- Freshen up - ventilates the clothes for 10 mins; usable if you've left the dried laundry in the tumble dryer for a long time
Final verdictI am perfectly happy with this dryer and I think that the Beko DS 8133 G is a great choice for a dryer that corresponds perfectly to my needs:
- Budget price
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Good dryness level
- Relatively energy-efficient
- No need to connect to the drain system